Portland Limo Company - Blogging a limo startup

Confessions of a limo company. We are a startup and have a goal of being successful within one year. Can we make it? We think so. We have an all or nothing attitude. So watch us do very well, or implode in spectacular fashion!
Check out our limo community forums at www.limonster.com.

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Monday, January 08, 2007

Successful purchase and fixing stuff before the trip

We purchased the car Sunday night. The purchase went nice and smooth. Well the care was smooth at last. I never loose anything but I managed to loose a pair of brand new headphones on one of the flights there. then I managed to leave my jacket in the sellers truck with my ipod and some other stuff. Wish I had noticed that while we were in the same state. lol

So back to the car. It's definitely something that catches peoples eyes. It's huge. I believe it's about 36'. I don't think it will be fitting in my driveway at home. Heck. It hardly fits at the gas station.

The car was at a good price. The asking price was 20 to 30k below what I estimated the market to be at. When I saw the car in person I could see that the paint is going to cost me 10 to 15k to get into shape. Then I also estimate that there is another 5k or so of other work that will need to be done.

When I asked why the car was in a bit worse shape than the photos I found out that he used photos from two years prior when he purchased it. I was a bit disappointed in this. It was a bit misleading and made it not as good of a deal. But I believe the value is still good and proper. So we purchased it anyway.

Now we are headed home. But we have many stops on the way. One of our first stops was Target. The windows were very dirty. I also needed some electrical tape to hold down the wrap on the steering wheel.

We also ended up locking the back doors to the car and then realized there was no locks to use the keys on! The alarm that operates the door locks was not functioning. So we went to a stereo shop and asked them to help out. They ended up installing a new alarm. But as for the back doors they could not help. So I called the seller to ask him about the back doors. He says "Just roll down the windows". "Duh!" I thought. In a limo you can control everything from the front. It was funny. we way over thought the problem. It was very simple but we did not see it.

I think it would be good to mention that this is one of the most challenging vehicles I have ever driven. The Turing radius on the H1 sucks. stretching it out it's the worst thing I have ever driven for turning. I commonly have to do button hook turns when in the city taking as many as 4 lanes to do it. It's ugly. I'm getting the hang of it though. I've only taken out 3 curbs so far. (GRIN) That may sound like 3 to many. But it really is a beast to take into town. Should be interesting for trips into downtown.

So we made it to Atlanta today. We are a bit ahead of schedule. We are meeting friends in Dallas on Wednesday for dinner. But if we keep up this pace we will arrive tomorrow night. So we might have a day to screw around in Dallas. We'll have to see what kind of tourist stuff there is to do in Dallas. I'm sure we will find something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home