Portland Limo Company - Blogging a limo startup

Confessions of a limo company. We are a startup and have a goal of being successful within one year. Can we make it? We think so. We have an all or nothing attitude. So watch us do very well, or implode in spectacular fashion!
Check out our limo community forums at www.limonster.com.

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Live roadside report!

I can tell you that this report was not planned. Here we sit just off of I-5 in California. We broke down 110 miles south of Sacramento. We broke the rubber jacket around one of the drive line bearings. This causes it to have some movement and get out of balance. Every time it gets out of balance it slams real hard into frame holding it.

I was happy to have my camera with me and a mobile Internet connection. I sent this picture to my operations manager. He was a Hummer mechanic in the Army. It's been a long time since he was doing this but he still knows a lot about them. He let me know that we had the possibility that we could crack the back end of the transmission if we continued to drive with it in this condition. The tow company that we are waiting on estimates about $450 for the tow. That's cheaper than replacing the transmission by far.

Now i just hope the hummer dealership we are going to has the part in stock. After the fuel switch going out and finding out that it's no longer being manufactured. I don't have 100% faith like before.

So that's my report for today. I'm a bit frustrated and don't feel like writing more tonight

Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home