Portland Limo Company - Blogging a limo startup

Confessions of a limo company. We are a startup and have a goal of being successful within one year. Can we make it? We think so. We have an all or nothing attitude. So watch us do very well, or implode in spectacular fashion!
Check out our limo community forums at www.limonster.com.

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Friday, January 26, 2007

$13,000 repair. Ouch!

So that is the official estimate from Hummer of Sacramento. They estimated high. So it might be less. I doubt it though.

So here's the details as I know them so far. The transfer case is shot. The transmission has lost reverse. since they started messing with it, now it will not go into gear sometimes. So the transmission is being replaced also. Then there is the brakes. The wrong brake fluid was used. It has caused damage to the seals. So there is a lot of the break lines and other stuff that needs to be replaced.

Heck. I'll have a new car when I go pick it up. Hopefully that will be soon.

Now for the good news. Or at least the fun news. I've planned a stop at Electronic Arts headquarters right after I have picked up the car. I've been there a few times. It's a fun place. I'll be meeting some of the people who work on Ultima Online. I'll be sure to post a few comments and pictures.

Cheers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Been reading your blog for awhile now. Inpired me to create my own. Ouch to the Repair. Is it back in portland now? I just recently started my business about 3 months ago in Nashville,TN.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Markee Dragon said...

Inspired to create your own blog? Do share the address. :)

The car is not back yet. I estimate about 2 weeks before I'll have it back. I choose to allow them to send the larger parts via freight truck. that saved about $1100 in shipping they tell me. I do realize though that I could earn $1100 in a weekend without to much problem. But I figured I would ease my costs as much as possible at the moment since it is not generating any income yet.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah I decided it might be cool for people to read and have a record, Legally my company has been around for 3 months took me about 3 months to get my doors open. Ive only made one post..
http://platinumlimousines.blogspot.com/

2 weeks! I bet your ready to get it home. Hummers are Excellent for business i refer quite a few to other companies. Be careful with the shops sometimes I've found it better for me to order the parts for the shop seems like I end up spending less ;-) The way to keep the numbers in the black and not the red is saving money anywhere you can!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home