Portland Limo Company - Blogging a limo startup

Confessions of a limo company. We are a startup and have a goal of being successful within one year. Can we make it? We think so. We have an all or nothing attitude. So watch us do very well, or implode in spectacular fashion!
Check out our limo community forums at www.limonster.com.

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Show me the money.

I mentioned that I would show and tell everything in this blog. So I guess it would be good to show you the money. It will be a few days after I get back before I have the full figures. But I thought I would go ahead and get started. I'm going to start showing any costs and the money earned.

So lets get started with two items. The cost of the car and the plane tickets. The car was $49,500. The plane tickets were $1750. Did I mention before that I paid cash for the car? It was not financed. so the number there is how much I actually spent so far.

Funds earned to date: $0
Costs to date: $51,250
Profit / Loss: -$51,250

By my count we have been to the gas pump and filled up 14 times since Dallas. We've also had a motel or hotel room for the last 7 nights. Not to mention all of the repairs and the huge towing bill from tonight.

This should be interesting. It also gives me a very visual goal keeping track of this. The goal is to have a profit and not a loss. So far with not having earned a dime yet it's a big loss.

Later this morning we should have word from the Hummer dealership. Hopefully we can get back on the road right away. No post this afternoon will be good news. If you see a new post you'll know that I had a lot of extra time on my hands waiting for the repairs.

1 Comments:

Blogger kosta del SOL said...

(posted it under the wrong date, fixed it now :-)

Hi there matey, grats on your new business. I visited the site just now for the first time via MarkeeDragon (which I now hate as I've been scammed big time - forgive me saying that).

It really is amazing seeing people taking control of their own destinies. Most people at your age work at some grocery store or the dull 9-5 shifts. It's great having people around that set excellent examples.

Before closing, a couple of things about me, I'm 27 and I've tried to make money online for a while. I never set up a business, just the odd MMO jobs and some ebay'ing. I'm now trying to set up a company but I'm on my own.

Keep in touch! And all the best for the future, I'll be visiting your blog daily.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home