Portland Limo Company - Blogging a limo startup

Confessions of a limo company. We are a startup and have a goal of being successful within one year. Can we make it? We think so. We have an all or nothing attitude. So watch us do very well, or implode in spectacular fashion!
Check out our limo community forums at www.limonster.com.

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Friday, February 02, 2007

Brakes done by a Hummer Dealership

About 2 months ago the brakes were redone on the limo to the cost of $1800. The work was done by a Hummer Dealership in South Carolina. Just to bring everyone up to speed on this. On our trip from South Carolina to Oregon we lost our front brakes in California. Must of the fluid mysteriously disappeared in the front reservoir. We looked in the manual for what kind of brake fluid was needed. The manual states DOT5.

After we finally found some DOT5 fluid (Most everyone carries DOT3) we opened the reservoir and filled it. To our surprise the fluid in the system was clear and what we were putting in was purple. DOT5 is purple or yellow. DOT3 is clear. DOT3 is assidic to the system and will eat the seals in a DOT5 system. See the problem here?

So today I called the company I purchased the limo from. I know that the brakes had been done. But I assumed that they were done by some joe blow shop. In fact he told me today that they were done by a Hummer Dealership. If that's the case I should be able to get some sort of warranty to help cover the costs of the breaks. We'll see. I put in a call to the Hummer dealership where the car is at right now. I'll ask them to pull the receipt from the glove box, take a look at it and see if this is in fact a warranty situation. Hopefully so. It will save me a few thousand if it is.

*Crosses Fingers*

1 Comments:

Blogger Signature Limousine said...

Hey I would just like to take time to say that I am interested in starting a Limo Company and your blog is an inspiration. Don't feel alone about your limo....I'm on a volunteer fire department, I bought a fire truck in North Carolina to bring back to Kentucky, the motor blew up on the way home...it happens. That was a year ago and we are still working it out.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home