Portland Limo Company - Blogging a limo startup

Confessions of a limo company. We are a startup and have a goal of being successful within one year. Can we make it? We think so. We have an all or nothing attitude. So watch us do very well, or implode in spectacular fashion!
Check out our limo community forums at www.limonster.com.

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

H1 limo delayed AGAIN!

Today was the day is was to be ready. I got voice mail last night stating it will not be done. Uggg!


Transcribed by Kimmi Clark:

Ok I’ve got a bit of a rant here; I’m getting really ticked off. I’ve talked about my H1 Limo that I purchased back around the first of January. We drove across country and it broke down in Sacramento. So we took it to Hummer of Sacramento and I flew back home here to Portland because it wasn’t ready. We weren’t able to get it done very quickly. They assessed the vehicle and we’ve got the transmission out, we’ve got the transfer case out, and we have break problems. The wrong break fluid was put into the system, the fluid put in was actually acidic and the wrong type. There are several other issues as well.

I’ve been working on it and it’s just been one delay after another. Right now it is February 27th, we dropped it off before the 15th of January and so now were looking at six weeks that the H1 has been sitting in the shop. It may very well happen that we’ll get the second limo before the first one even arrives. I’m a little irritated today, I got a phone message last night from Hummer of Sacramento that said basically that they just got started on the work it was scheduled to be done today. I’ve been trying to call them the last few days so I could get my airline tickets and go down and get it. Apparently they are behind and so they also found some other things wrong with it, like welds that need to be done. I guess they’re helpful on things but these delays are just killing me. That’s my rant for today. I’m getting thoroughly disgusted with having purchased a used vehicle, most likely never again will I purchase a used limo. They’ll all be new from here on out.

What an expensive lesson to learn. So far I’ve paid 50k for the car and up to 70k in expenses and I’ve got another 7k-10k expenses before I get it home. What an issue!
End of rant!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

....Damn.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Signature Limousine said...

OMG this is exactly like the Fire Truck deal I ran into....it stayed at the shop for 78 days. That blows dude. I wouldnt count out used limos though yet.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

just get em from resellers that have a reputation. Westwindlimo..topnotch folks.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Markee Dragon said...

Next one will be brand new. This one has turned into an expensive education.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home